Thursday, February 18, 2010

Buying sets of anime, one dvd at a time...

I was watching Excel Saga again last night. I went to find the DVD and saw that I had the first DVD in the series and a thin pack containing all episodes on six DVDs.

I popped in the individual DVD and found the quality was much better. Also, there were extras that were not included in the thin pack.

So I got to thinking that maybe I could use the entire set on individual DVDs instead of just having the thin pack. But how much would this cost?

It cost quite a bit, $60 on the average. Too much for the Frugal Otaku to replace a set he already owns just to get better quality and some extras.

But then, I looked at the price for individual DVDs on Ebay and found that they could be had for around $6 each, including shipping!

So, going forward, if you are looking to get a set, price out the cost of single DVDs as well as the box set total price. You might not only save a buck or two but also get some extras!

No comments:

Post a Comment